Writing a letter?

I was abused as a child by a man who was my dad's friend, I have recently been to the police to report this crime and it's turns out there is nothing they can do about it because it was already investigated 25 yrs ago. I am finding this hard to come to terms with and have been advised that I might write this man a letter explaining how he has affected my life, just as a way for me to get some closure. What I want to do is write to his wife and explain to her what he did to me and warn her about the man who she is letting share a home with her two young daughters! I am keen to do this but am worried what the reprocautions would be if i did? I already made contact with him about 4 months ago when I told him I would be going to the police, to tell them that he had abused me when I was 3 yrs old, I pretended to be someone else on face book, when I confirmed it was him I told him that I remember that he abused me when I was three and that I was going to the police . He closed all his face book account but not before I could find out were he lives, phone number, address etc.. I would be so greatfull to receive some advice about this. Thankyou

Our specialism is IT law, IP law, media law and business law.  We don't have the legal expertise or practical experience to help with this kind of question.

I suggest you speak to your local Citizens Advice Bureau.  See:


Contact details

Howbery Park, Wallingford
Oxfordshire OX10 8BA, UK
Tel: +44(0)1491 821123

English law

Unless otherwise stated, the information and resources on this website relate to English law.

Web cookies

By using our website, you agree to our use of web cookies. See our privacy policy for details.

Our ecommerce websites




Copyright © 2007-2013 SEQ Legal LLP.