Dissolved company question

A customer owns money and is down on our records as a limited company.

We have tried to collect the monies owed.  They are now saying that the company has been dissolved.

On checking Companies House the company was dissolved in Feb 2013, but they carried on trading after that date without informing us.

The money owed is from July/Aug 2016.

Do we still have a recourse via small claims court?

In general, if a company has been dissolved, then you won't be able to recover any amounts owed to you by that company.

If the individuals concerned were trading post-dissolution, then there may be a remedy - at least in respect of post-dissolution contracts/payments - but it does depend upon all the circumstances.  You should go over the facts with a legal adviser before issuing proceedings.  I don't have enough information here to provide further guidance.

Contact details

Howbery Park, Wallingford
Oxfordshire OX10 8BA, UK
Tel: +44(0)1491 821123

English law

Unless otherwise stated, the information and resources on this website relate to English law.

Web cookies

By using our website, you agree to our use of web cookies. See our privacy policy for details.

Our ecommerce websites




Copyright © 2007-2013 SEQ Legal LLP.